The Art Of StoryTelling
We have covered a number of different topics so far but one of my favourite topics is The Art Of Storytelling and really knowing how powerful a story is online.
If I look back at my time in school, (X years ago), I remember the stories we were told. Facts, figures, dates...these always skipped me but stories I remembered.
I think the main reason why we remember stories is that they usually have a clear focus and educate you through entertainment.
Telling a story online or in a digital environment is becoming more and more important, especially due to the amount of information and content readily available to us 24/7.
Did you know:
- There are 700k searches per minute on Google daily (Depending on where you get your stats from)
- 5.3 trillion ads were served last year
- We consume 100k digital words a day
Just looking at these stats, the question I have is "how will anyone find my content, let alone digest it?".
This is where stories are important.
The video above breaks down how to tell a story online. I focus on:
- Why stories are vital
- Why you are NOT the hero of your online story
- What your role is when telling any story or getting your message across, online.
As always I have provided a PDF for you with the images of the slides. This will help you create your story online.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.